Have you heard of hyaluronic acid? Have you ever wondered what is hyaluronic acid and why do you need it? It’s more than just a fancy buzz word you’ve heard in commercials. It’s an incredible ingredient you need to add to your skincare routine. Let’s break down what is hyaluronic acid and why do you need it.
Hyaluronic acid is more than just a tongue twister. Hyaluronic acid is a sugar molecule that your skin produces naturally. This molecule binds water to the collagen in your skin making your skin plumper and hydrated. As we get older our skin slows down the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen causing our skin to lose elasticity. Adding hyaluronic acid to your skin care regimen will visibly plump your skin and fill in those fine lines and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid pairs well with others. Who doesn’t love a product that can be paired with just about everything? Hyaluronic acid can be paired with peels, serums, retinol, etc. You can hydrate your skin with hyaluronic acid and then follow up with spot treatments or full treatments. You can hydrate your skin and treat other skin care concerns. I’m a skincare junkie! I love serums, I love to layer serums, I love that I can use multiple serums to treat multiple issues!
Your skin is thirsty! You have to hydrate your skin, just like you would your body. Sun, winter weather, indoor heating and air, pollutants can all cause tiny breaks in the protective layer of your skin which will cause your skin to dehydrate and lose elasticity. You have to give your skin the nutrients it needs! Adding hyaluronic acid will keep your skin hydrated allowing your skin barrier to keep doing its job.
Hyaluronic acid holds 1000 times its weight in water. How crazy is that?! Hyaluronic acids ability to retain so much moisture, pulls moisture to the surface of your skin, and will keep your skin moisturized all day long. Talk about a long lasting hydration! Adding to your skin care will make your skin appear plumper, dewy, and younger!
Now let’s talk my 4 favorite products that contain hyaluronic acid-
Anew Hydra Fusion 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum
High concentration of moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid (1.5%!) for visibly plumper, bouncier skin. This super ingredient acts like a sponge holding up to 1,000 times its weight in water for intense, lasting hydration. It’s your rescue treatment for those extra dry areas that need saving!
• Three different molecular sizes of hyaluronic acid reach multiple layers of skin’s surface, visibly plumping skin with 2X more moisture and bringing back its bounce
• Instantly plumps the look of expression/fine lines
• Delivers overall deep hydration
• Formulated with raspberry antioxidant, known to help boost skin repair and protect against environmental factors
• Phthalate-free, petroleum-free
• For every skin type
• Absorbs quickly
• Non-greasy and non-sticky jelly-like texture
Anew Hydra Fusion Gel Cream
A revolutionary combo of power-packed ingredients infuses skin with instant*, deep and lasting hydration + defends it from environmental stressors. The water-like gel absorbs instantly making skin appear smoother, refreshed and plumped with hydration.
• Contains raspberry antioxidant, a potent ingredient that helps defend skin from environmental stressors to keep skin looking healthy and glowing
• Provides 72 hours of long-lasting hydration
• Locks in moisture
• Oil-free, alcohol-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, petroleum-free
• Dermatologist-tested and allergy-tested
The fast-absorbing eye serum instantly helps de-puff and hydrate the delicate under-eye area while reducing the appearance of bags and fine, dry lines.
• Contains raspberry antioxidant
• Formulated with caffeine
• The ceramic applicator tip cools** for an instant refreshing feeling
• Oil-free, fragrance-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, petroleum-free
• Suitable for sensitive skin
• Dermatologist-tested and allergy-tested
Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb Aloe I’m a true ‘belifer’! I love the Aqua Bomb, Eye Bomb, Jelly Cleanser, and now the Aqua Bomb with Aloe! This Aloe Bomb is a refreshing burst of COOL. This cooling, lightweight gel-cream features aloe vera extract to help soothe irritated and sun-exposed skin, plus a multi-level blend of hyaluronic acid to that penetrates different layers for intense hydration, and a vitamin E to visibly smooth skin texture and even tone. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Now that you know the benefits of hylauronic acid, add it to your skincare routine today!